It has taken altogether too long for me to get into otome, especially considering that everything about it is way up my street, and my entry point into the genre was last year’s 7’scarlet. So, I’m very glad that the visual novel is coming to PC via Steam tomorrow (March 12th 2019).
Publisher Intragames announced this release date recently along with the news that it will be available at a 10 percent-off discount price at launch, and will include a free set of seven exclusive wallpapers featuring full-size and chibi characters until April 12th.
The otome visual novel first launched for PS Vita in Japan in July 2016, followed by North America and Europe in May 2018 via publisher Aksys Games. This PC version of the game will feature English, Korean, and Simplified Chinese text support, as well as full Japanese voice-overs, and high-definition visuals.
The remote town of Okunezato is shaped like a crescent moon and shrouded in dark myths and legends. Take on the role of a brave young woman journeying into the unknown to uncover dangerous truths and locate her missing brother with her childhood friend. They find the area rife with mystery and populated by intriguing characters, each harboring their own hidden motivations. Encounter heart-racing twists and turns as you dig deeper into the story.
You’ll explore the town caged by nature, Okunezato, and learn its many legends and folklores, and you’ll help your friend Kagutsuchi Hino discover the mystery behind the disappearance of her older brother. Follow the footsteps of Kagutsuchi’s older brother in 7’scarlet.
Key Game Features:
- – Choose your fate – Explore multiple character paths and change the course of the story. Play through the game multiple times to uncover the entire tale
- – Experience stunning artwork – Witness this colorful story coming to life with beautiful character illustrations and dynamic background effects
- – Unravel the enigma – Use your detective skills to question the eclectic members of the “Mystery Club” and solve this challenging interactive puzzle
- – Experience a crime-solving mystery from the famed developer Otomate, a maker of great visual novel / romance simulation adventures
I would recommend 7’scarlet to any visual novel fan, as the core narrative and side plots had me hooked for hours. Did you play the visual novel on PS Vita, or would this be your first time in Okunezato? Let us know in the comments, or on Twitter and Facebook, and check back for more coverage of visual novels and other Japanese games.
7’scarlet is out tomorrow (March 12th 2019) for PC via Steam, and out now on Playstation Vita. Fancy picking up the game, why not pick up a copy?
- New Persona 5 Royal Trailer Introduces Kasumi And Special Edition Revealed - June 6, 2019
- New Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Character Revealed Ahead Of Release - May 31, 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Preview - May 29, 2019