We’ve had our eyes on this one for a while. The desert-filled action RPG, Arc of Alchemist, has been confirmed by Idea Factory International as arriving as a digital exclusive in North America for the PlayStation 4 this Winter with the European version being released physically and digitally in the same period.
The story has the player entering the desert in search of the key to save humanity – the Great Power. Quinn Bravesford, for the sake of her kingdom, leads her soldiers into battle against a swath of enemy nations. One year, the king declared that he would send a large-scale investigation team to the Desert of Beginnings.
And so, Quinn was selected to captain this mission. Quinn gazes at the ancient alchemic device, the Lunagear, within her hand. According to the legends of yore, once the Lunagear is equipped with the four Orbs, it will unlock the Great Power that will save humanity. Only one Orb resides in Quinn’s Lunagear. Collecting the four Orbs for the Lunagear, however, is a mere legend.
With the threat of dangerous creatures and Machine Dolls wandering the desert, one of the enemy nations, the Principality of Neuhaven, has dispatched their military in search of the Great Power. Now, Quinn and her band of allies must fight against the Principality of Neuhaven in hopes to find the Great Power and save humanity. Quinn steels herself, but even so, she can’t help but doubt the existence of the Great Power…
- – Four Orbs to Rule Them All – The Lunagear is a powerful tool that uses Orbs that correspond to each of the four elements: Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth. Use all four Orbs to solve puzzles, manipulate organic and mechanical environments to open new pathways, and blast enemies with powerful elemental attacks!
- – Based Blessings – The Base is a safe haven for players to rest and prepare for their journey. Construct your base from the ground up and build facilities to enhance your party. Players can set up Troop Formations, purchase useful gear and items, and build facilities to strengthen attacks and abilities. Tailor your base to your party needs!
- – Seamless Battles – At a moment’s notice, players will find themselves solving mechanical puzzles and facing giant mechanical monsters. Every grain of sand you step on can either lead players to a new path or casualty, so watch your step!
- – Formation is Key – Mix and match your party member classes and arrange your party’s formation to help players face any formidable foe. Carefully coordinate and make sure to prepare before exploring!
What do you think of this? We’re tentatively looking forward to it, as it looks like fun to play. Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook and Twitter, and check back for more coverage of Idea Factory International games and other Japanese titles.
- New Persona 5 Royal Trailer Introduces Kasumi And Special Edition Revealed - June 6, 2019
- New Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Character Revealed Ahead Of Release - May 31, 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Preview - May 29, 2019