Indie developer Visualnoveler has announced that Ascendant Hearts is releasing on Steam on January 19th! Step into a strange new world with three potential love interests by your side in this fantasy romantic comedy visual novel! Take a look at the trailer below:
Here’s an overview of the story and features of Ascendant Hearts from its Steam page:
Hayato lived an ordinary life until he wakes up one day with amnesia… and finds himself in a world closer to the video games he plays than the world he remembers.
Fetch quests? Skill points? Respawning after death? It’s all a bit much to accept. A mage named Shiori offers to help him find his way, and with her help, he learns how to fight monsters, perform fetch quests, and put items in a strange metaphysical space called an “inventory.”
Soon he’s ready to take on NPC quests! But the town of Lightshire is in danger from deadly monsters—monsters that can kill you for real. Where did they come from? What is behind the attacks? Hayato and Shiori are determined to find out, and no matter what they encounter—from high-level dungeons to argumentative party members—they won’t stop until they learn the truth.
– Parody of traditional JRPG and MMORPG tropes.
– Immersive fantasy world filled with monsters and memorable characters.
– Numerous distinct environments, including a haunted library, a mad scientist’s laboratory, and an eldritch temple.
– Lighthearted and humorous atmosphere.
– Three possible romance routes.
– Three main endings based on your choices.
Ascendant Hearts looks like a fun and colourful visual novel that definitely has a sense of humour! Just the kind of thing to check out if you’re in the mood for a laugh at some good old-fashioned JRPG clichés.
Ascendant Hearts releases on Steam on January 19th.
- AeternoBlade II Out now on Switch and PS4 - October 11, 2019
- Code: Realize Future Blessings Comes to Switch Spring 2020 - October 3, 2019
- Code Vein Out Now, Launch Trailer Released - September 27, 2019