The latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump has revealed some staff details for the upcoming Black Clover anime, including Tatsuya Yoshihara as the Director! Tatsuya Yoshihara has a long list of anime credits to his name, and has worked as Director on titles such as Long Riders! and Monster Musume previously.
Other members of the staff include:
– Itsuko Takeda (Mirage of Blaze, Ristorante Paradiso) – Character Design
– Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Hetalia The Beautiful World, Is the order a rabbit?) – Series Composition
– Minako Seki (Kingdom, The Silver Guardian) – Music Composition
Here’s an overview of Black Clover‘s story from manga publishers Viz:
SHONEN JUMP‘s breakaway hit of 2015, a fantasy action-adventure about mastering magical powers. Asta is a young boy who dreams of becoming the greatest mage in the kingdom. Only one problem – he can’t use any magic! Luckily for Asta, he receives the incredibly rare five-leaf clover grimoire that gives him the power of anti-magic. Can someone who can’t use magic really become the Wizard King? One thing’s for sure – Asta will never give up!
I haven’t read the manga, but it sounds pretty interesting! I’ll be looking forward to seeing some visuals for the anime – the first of which should be released on Monday!
The Black Clover anime is being handled by Studio Pierrot. There’s no date for when the series will air yet.
- AeternoBlade II Out now on Switch and PS4 - October 11, 2019
- Code: Realize Future Blessings Comes to Switch Spring 2020 - October 3, 2019
- Code Vein Out Now, Launch Trailer Released - September 27, 2019