Nicalis has announced Blade Strangers, a crossover fighting game developed by Studio Saizensen, featuring characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, and Umihara Kawase! Take a look at a talk with Nicalis and some gameplay footage from the Twitch stream below:
Here’s a rundown of some of the gameplay details:
– Blade Strangers seeks to mix the dynamics and speed of Guilty Gear and Street Fighter with the easy inputs of Super Smash Bros.
– There will be a Story Mode, Mission Mode, Versus Mode, Training Mode, and Online Mode
– Characters were made as 3D models, and then converted into 2D sprites
– Story Mode will have cutscenes, characters clashing and so on, resembling a traditional Arcade Mode
– Mission Mode will give the player specific tasks to complete
– Training Mode lets you practice with a dummy
– Stages from the games represented will be included
The current announced characters are Curly from Cave Story, Umihara Kawase from Umihara Kawase, and Solange, Master T, and Ali from Code of Princess, with more characters to be announced later. Nicalis has also stated that the game will get post-release updates.
Blade Strangers will release on PS4, Switch, and PC.
- AeternoBlade II Out now on Switch and PS4 - October 11, 2019
- Code: Realize Future Blessings Comes to Switch Spring 2020 - October 3, 2019
- Code Vein Out Now, Launch Trailer Released - September 27, 2019