Deathsmiles, a cult classic shmup from Cave, is getting a Steam release on March 10th. Cave is well known for their shmups like Mushihimesama, Espagaluda, DoDonPachi, Guwange, Ibara and many others.
In Deathsmiles, you take the role of one of five Angels tasked to defend the magical land of Gilverado from an invasion by Hell itself! Deathsmiles is notable for its aesthetic style, featuring heavy occult and gothic influences and of course, lolis.
Degica released a new trailer for the Steam release.
– Horizontally scrolling bullet-hell madness across six different game modes including Mega Black Label mode.
– Spooky good fun! Battle ghosts, demons, man-eating plants, and even giant cattle in this gothic horror-themed adventure.
– Five playable angels to choose from, each with her own faithful familiar.
Supports two-player local cooperative play. Banish the forces of Hell together!
– Reap what you sow with the challenging and powerful Counter system.
– Freely choose your path and difficulty with nonlinear progression between a variety of macabre stages.
– The Original Soundtrack will be included for free along with the base game for the first week of availability followed by a launch discount of 10%. It will be available on Steam as a separate purchase as well.
Below are brand new screenshots.