I actually enjoyed Final Fantasy XV to the point that I’ve welcomed all of the additional DLC stories, as they’ve given further information about the world. As I found the antagonist to be possibly the most captivating villain in a long time, I’ve been waiting for the Episode Ardyn release date eagerly.
Square-Enix have now released first information and screenshots of “Episode Ardyn,” which they have stated will release on March 26th 2019. This is following the news that all other planned “Episodes” have been cancelled for the game that means we won’t get Episode Aranea, which I was personally really looking forward to.
The story of “Episode Ardyn” is set 35 years before the events of Final Fantasy XV. Verstael Besithia, a researcher belonging to the Empire of Niflheim, releases Ardyn Lucis Caelum from 2,000 years of imprisonment. Led to the Imperial research facility, Ardyn discovers a certain truth and decides to take revenge upon the Kingdom of Lucis. He infiltrates Insomnia to destroy the peaceful Crown City, which is surrounded by a magic barrier. And what does Ardyn see beyond his revenge…?
- – New and returning characters – Characters from main story of Final Fantasy XV will appear in “Episode Ardyn” several decades younger. New characters such as Ardyn’s beloved Aera Mils Fleuret, the first Oracle and Ardyn’s younger brother Somnus Lucis Caelum will also appear.
- – Various New Systems – New systems have been implemented that are unique to Ardyn, who possesses the power of daemons.
- – Shadow Move to Points on the Map – By using the power of daemons, Ardyn can freely move about at high speeds to points on the map with the “Shadow Move” ability.
- – Daemonification – Ardyn has the special power to transform enemies into daemons and render them powerless. By successfully landing a finishing attack (landing five consecutive hits), you will then be able to use the one-hit kill special attack “Daemonification” (official English name pending). You can also activate Daemonification by successfully landing a sequence of attacks following a back-attack. Utilize Ardyn’s Shadow Move to attack the enemy from behind.
Well, they’ve got our attention. What do you think? Are you excited to step into the shoes of Ardyn, or does this Episode not appeal? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook and Twitter, and check back for more coverage of this and other Japanese titles.
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Interested in the game? Why not pick up a copy?
- New Persona 5 Royal Trailer Introduces Kasumi And Special Edition Revealed - June 6, 2019
- New Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Character Revealed Ahead Of Release - May 31, 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Preview - May 29, 2019