We reported earlier this year, during our coverage of the Paris Fan Fest, that FINAL FANTASY XV collaboration event was coming to Square-Enix’s hugely popular MMO. It’s now finally here, with a familiar face now appearing in Hydaelyn.
From today until May 27th 2019, the “A Nocturne for Heroes” event will be live. During this period, everyone’s favourite Prince, Noctis Lucis Caelum, will enter the world of Hydaelyn. Coming along with the now-iconic Regalia, he joins the Warrior of Light in battle against magitek infantry, magitek armor, and even the Messenger, Garuda, hailing from Eos.
We’ve embedded the trailer for the event below, and there’s a whole host of FINAL FANTASY XV rewards that are now available for those participating in the event:
- The Regalia Mount – Noctis’ faithful car will be the first ever four-person mount in the game
- Noctis’ Hairstyle and Outfit – dress-up as the hero of FINAL FANTASY XV
- Noctis Lucis Caelum Triple Triad Card – for use in Triple Triad matches across Hydaelyn
- Various Orchestrion Rolls – featuring music from FINAL FANTASY XV
Some small things to note: To participate in the event, players must have reached level 50 and completed the main scenario quest “The Ultimate Weapon” from A Realm Reborn. The quest chain can then be started by finding the NPC Kipih Jakkya in Ul’dah on the Steps of Nald, where she’s seeking to uncover the truth behind some wild rumours for her latest article.
This is all ahead of the upcoming third expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, Shadowbringers, which is due for release on July 2nd 2019. We’ve embedded the final trailer for the expansion below, and if you fancy picking up the expansion, why not grab a copy? EU/US
- New Persona 5 Royal Trailer Introduces Kasumi And Special Edition Revealed - June 6, 2019
- New Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Character Revealed Ahead Of Release - May 31, 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Preview - May 29, 2019