We’ve just about calmed down from yesterday (male Viera pls), and the Sunday of FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Fest 2019 in Paris has just kicked off with the reveal of a FINAL FANTASY XV collaboration with the popular MMO.
Set to go live in mid-April, so before the Shadowbringers expansion, this collaboration was announced via a teaser trailer shown as part of the (currently ongoing) Letter from the Producer LIVE, which we have linked for you all to watch below (it goes live at 12 midday).
In it, we see FINAL FANTASY XV hero Noctis Lucis Caelum entering the world of Hydaelyn with the Regalia, where he joins the Warrior of Light in battle against magitek infantry, magitek armor, and even the Messenger, Garuda, hailing from Eos.
Also during the Letter from the Producer LIVE, Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida revealed what FINAL FANTASY XIV Online players can expect in the coming months as the Stormblood™ expansion reaches its conclusion.
The upcoming patch schedule is:
- – New Rival Wings Map “Hidden Gorge” – The newest campaign in this large-scale 48-man PvP content will feature new mechanics and rules. Two teams will compete to control train stations within the arena to obtain valuable cargo, and best Goblin Mercenaries who roam the battlefield to win their favor and have them fight as an ally.
- – Eureka Hydatos – The fourth and final entry in the Eureka storyline will raise the elemental level cap to 60, add new logos actions and allow gear enhanced in Pyros to be further improved. Those who follow the story to its conclusion will be able to enter The Baldesion Arsenal, an ultra high-end public instanced dungeon for up to 56 players. It’s a challenge not for the faint-hearted!
Patch 4.56 – coming Late March
- – New Main Scenario Quests – the Stormblood storyline comes to a shocking conclusion.
- – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures – the Inspector Extraordinaire makes a return.
- – Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests – a new quest series bringing together the Beast Tribes of the last expansion.
- – World Visit System – Travel to any world within your data center using the U’ldah, Limsa Lominsa, or Gridania aetherytes to meet and play with friends.
Are you as excited as us for this upcoming collaboration? What about the various patch updates for FINAL FANTASY XIV? Let us know in the comments, or on Twitter and Facebook, and check back for more coverage of this and other Japanese titles!
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is due for release on July 2nd 2019 for Playstation 4 and PC.
- New Persona 5 Royal Trailer Introduces Kasumi And Special Edition Revealed - June 6, 2019
- New Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Character Revealed Ahead Of Release - May 31, 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Preview - May 29, 2019