A new visual novel from Santa Ragione and Lorenzo Redaelli, Milky Way Prince – The Vampire Star will be releasing in Q3 2020 on PC.
The visual novel, which is about ‘an abusive relationship, idealisation, and intimacy’ is due to release on PC in Q3 of 2020, with the Switch, PS4 and Xbox One versions releasing not too long afterwards.
Milky Way Prince Trailer
You’ll also be able to grab a demo of the game on Steam from June 9.
A description, via Steam:
A visual novel about an abusive relationship, idealization, and intimacy.
Live a summer of dysfunctional love through branching storylines, twists, sudden changes, and a special mechanic where you choose which senses to use with your boyfriend. In these moments, you will learn about him, his personality, and his past, making you question everything.
Milky Way Prince is entirely designed, programmed, illustrated, and scored by a very young author, Lorenzo Redaelli. The story itself is partially autobiographical.
“During my experience with a borderline partner, I thought that falling in love with him was like becoming part of a binary star system. It’s the rarest, most precious thing in the universe – but the closer they get the more unstable they become. My idea was to create an immersive experience where the player is asked to try to understand the dynamics of this unusual relationship. The character you interact with adapts their behavior to yours – using academic terminology, they could set up “rage tests”, “love bombing”, or otherwise guilt trip you. The plot’s branching storyline is guided by variables such as “submission” and “interest” that fluctuate at each interaction.”
- Semi-autobiographical dark romance story
- Branching narrative paths with multiple endings
- Intimate new sensory gameplay system
- Character art inspired by Suehiro Maruo and Masaaki Yuasa
- 3D environments influenced by the stage design of Robert Wilson
- 30+ minutes of baroque electropop original soundtrack
Milky Way Prince – The Vampire Star will be releasing in Summer 2020.
Looking for more visual novels? We’ve got you covered.
Disclosure: Some links in this article may be affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on them. This is at no additional cost to you and helps support Rice Digital!
- The Rice Digital Friday Letters Page, November 26, 2021 – Backed right up - November 26, 2021
- Drizzlepath: Deja Vu takes us on a contemplative nature walk - November 26, 2021
- 10 of the best sexy games from the Steam Autumn Sale - November 26, 2021