D3 Publisher have announced that Onee Chanbara Origin, a retelling of The Onechanbara and The Onechanbara 2, is releasing in North American and Europe on October 14.
To coincide with this announcement, an official website has now opened, giving an overview on the game’s story and main characters.
The official trailer shows off Onee Chanbara Origin’s enhanced visuals and gameplay, with the game’s wild theme song playing in the background.
Onee Chanbara Origin will retail for $59.99/€49.99 on both PS4 and PC, a hefty price considering how this is still a budget game series.
An overview of Onee Chanbara Origin via D3 Publisher:
The Origin of Ecstasy The Evolution of a Legacy
The original sword fighting action game series, Onee Chanbara, has been brought back to life on PS4 in full HD! It offers a new take on the story of the two half-sisters, Aya and Saki, who are bound by their mutual hatred for one another and locked in a brutal fight to the death. All shall be revealed in the reimagined re-release of the classic that started it all: Onee Chanbara Origin!
- Cel shaded graphics reminiscent of Japanese animation.
- Exhilarating feel from cutting down hordes of zombies with a katana.
- Gore effects with decapitations, dismemberments, and even cutting torsos in half.
- A novice-friendly system that allows combos to rack up just with simple tap of a button. There is also a system called the “COOL COMBINATION” system for advanced players. This requires exact timing to connect combos but with an added bonus of massive flexibility. Provides enjoyment for players of all skill levels.
- When blood splatters from enemies onto your character, you can change forms into “Berserk”or “Xtatic”to help you defeat powerful enemies like bosses.
Disclosure: Some links in this article may be affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on them. This is at no additional cost to you and helps support Rice Digital!
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet releasing November 18 - June 1, 2022
- White Day: A Labyrinth Named School coming to PS5, Xbox Series, Switch September 2022 - May 31, 2022
- Ib Remake adds English support - May 18, 2022