Square Enix has released an Oninaki Daemon trailer, introducing the various characters who will aid you in battle, as well as confirmed the Japanese release date for the PS4 and Switch versions.
Here’s an overview of the Daemons’ role from Square Enix:
As players journey as Kagachi, a young Watcher who ushers Lost Souls into the next world, they will bond with and harness the power of Daemons, a special type of Lost Soul who could not be reincarnated. These powerful souls will assist the player in battle, with each Daemon representing a different weapon type. Players will be able to manage their Daemon’s skills and switch between them in real-time to deal devastating blows to their enemies with unique attacks and power up skills.
The trailer gives us a pretty nice look at the different abilities for each of the Daemon characters. The overall aesthetic of the game is stunning too. Those character designs and that music are both incredible!
While Oninaki is due this August for PS4 and Switch in Japan, a release date for the PC version has not yet been announced. The game is also due to come west on all 3 platforms some time this summer.
The following retailer purchase bonuses for Japan have also been revealed:
– Amazon Japan – set of five original washi
– Square Enix e-Store – exclusive A4 size double pocket clear file
– PlayStation Store – 10% discount, “Emlis” spear weapon usable with Daemon Zaav, Oninaki original dynamic theme
Purchase bonuses for the Nintendo eShop and Steam have yet to be announced.
Oninaki releases in Japan on August 22nd for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
- AeternoBlade II Out now on Switch and PS4 - October 11, 2019
- Code: Realize Future Blessings Comes to Switch Spring 2020 - October 3, 2019
- Code Vein Out Now, Launch Trailer Released - September 27, 2019