Rabi-Ribi was one of our favourite games of last year when it released on PC, but now it’s coming to consoles in Europe Q3 2017! PQube have announced they will be handling a European release of the game on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. North American news will likely follow.
We described Rabi-Ribi as “Bullet Hell meets Metroidvania”, and that’s still probably the best way to put it. It’s got a lot of retro flair, but handles with the slickness you’d expect of a modern game. You play as Erina, a bunny who has been transformed into a bunny-girl. All she wants is to return home to being a bunny, but she’ll have to take care of business on Rabi-Ribi island first.
It might be a bullet hell cross action platformer, but that doesn’t mean it’s as rock solid as some of the competition out there. It’s actually pretty generous.
Each and every boss in the game is memorable and each encounter is a challenge. Losing never feels frustrating, since a save point is always just a few steps earlier.
It’s a fairly big game that should take around 15 hours to beat. That’s quite a bit of adventuring! Read our review of the PC version here, and take a look at our exercept from it below:
Amazing production values for a doujin title. Absolutely every aspect of the game is polished beyond belief. From the detailed sugar filled with cuteness pixel art graphics, with artworks that sometimes dips into fanservice, to beautifully animated stylish menus, to the massive soundtrack that has a catchy tune for every occasion, there is so much that Rabi-Ribi does right. Even the minute details make this game stand out, one example is the music which slows down when in you are underwater or slowed down.
- – Retro exploration platformer.
- – 4+ difficulty settings for all types of players.
- – 9+ main areas and 20+ sub-areas to explore.
- – Over 60 items and upgrades.
- – Over 20 fully illustrated characters with cutscene illustrations.
- – 40+ boss battles, 1000+ attack patterns with Boss Rush Mode to fight some or all of them in a row.
- – Post-game story and content with speedrun mode.
- – Over 50+ pieces from an original soundtrack.
- – English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese language support.
- – Bunnies!
Rabi-Ribi will be releasing Q3 2017 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Europe.