Soda Den have announced along with publisher Crytivo, Roots of Pacha, which is a co-op life-sim set in the stone age. It comes with a beautiful art style and focuses on RPG elements along with farming sim elements.
As the game is due in early 2021, it makes sense that it’s heading to PS5 and Xbox Series X, as well as the currently traditional platforms like PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
Roots of Pacha Trailer:
A description from Crytivo
After roaming the prehistoric world, it’s time to settle down and build a village to stand for generations. Join with friends to develop technology, discover plants to farm, harvest crops, befriend and domesticate animals, and create a thriving stone age community. Find love, nurture relationships, and grow your community—and then celebrate and honor nature in glorious festivals.
- Explore and build in an ancient world. A fertile, vibrant world awaits! Fish in streams and rivers, discover unique flora and fauna, and mine the darkest caves for resources.
- Grow and harvest. Start your own farming revolution and invent the tools and techniques to build a prosperous village from nothing.
- Join the clan. Work with the community, develop friendships, and even find love!
- Grow your village. Help villagers develop ideas and discover new farming and crafting technology. Construct buildings, invite others into the clan, and transform your settlement into an agricultural marvel.
- Play with friends. Invite up to three friends to join your village. Live with them (or keep your distance), share talents and resources, and celebrate festivals, where each player can contribute to communal dinners or compete in fishing contests!
This sort of game is right up my street, so I’ll be keeping you all up to date with proceedings!
You can find out more about the game on the official site.