Billed as “A timeless tale of love… at the dawn of the apocalypse!” that will have you juggling “love and death”, Song of Memories is a visual novel (with rhythm elements) that’s heading west thanks to PQube. Releasing for PS4 & Switch, the game is “coming soon” in 2018 for both Europe and North America.
Song of Memories is a visual novel that appears cute and fun at first, but quickly turns into a much darker story. It’s a really interesting combination. Also, there’s rhythm game sections. The trailer gives a look at the breadth of the game, with hints at some of the darkness that lurks beneath the surface.
A romantic visual novel with a dark and sinister underbelly, Song Of Memories is an adventure that made waves in Japan for its unique and innovative take on the genre. Discover the thrills of finding your soulmate in a memorable musical love story, and prepare to fight for your love in the most testing of times, as an apocalyptic virus begins sweeping across the world and threatens to infect those closest to you.
The art style is really nice, and the live 2D style characters are really well done and full of life! Here’s a little bit more about the game’s features from the press release:
– Become the most popular guy around – Romance six gorgeous girls and reshape the story around your chosen one true love – with multiple endings up for grabs.
– A cast bursting with life – Forget static visual novel conversations: Fully animated characters move and react to one another’s lines, all voiced by the original Japanese cast across more than 40 hours of audio.
– A deep, dark secret to uncover – Don’t be fooled by the colourful exterior: Song Of Memories is a tale of love in the early days of a monster apocalypse! Can you discover the truth and save the love of your life?
– An adventure that defies expectations – Song Of Memories combines all the best parts of visual novels with rhythm-action and light role-playing systems to offer surprises at every turn.
– Complex, branching storylines – Your decisions affect what happens! Keep track of every single twist and turn with the storyline tracker, which lets you revisit choices and explore different outcomes.
– A musical masterpiece – Discover an incredible, original soundtrack that fills more than four audio CDs, and harness those tunes yourself in an intense rhythm-action battle system.
The game is developed by Pure Wish, even though it looks like the game might have its share of impure scenes!
Since playing Doki Doki Literature Club, people seem to be more interested than ever in Visual Novels, especially ones that hide dark secrets — so people will hopefully enjoy this one!
As for super nice collector’s editions? Well, keep your eyes peeled. Anything is possible.
Song of Memories is releasing in Europe & North America in 2018, for both PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.