The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is on the way for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam later this year. Sega has since announced the updated version of the Wii title will be coming west too!
Here’s a rundown of both the old and new from Sega:
Originally released for the Nintendo Wii in 2006, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD brings all the fun and chaos of the Monkey Ball series to modern consoles. Complete with updated graphics, optimized control schemes for each platform, a brand-new mini-game Decathalon mode where you complete a set of 10 mini-games in a row, and online leaderboards, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is perfect for new fans of any age, as well as the most seasoned Monkey Ball series veterans.
– Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz is Back in HD: Originally released on the Wii in 2006, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD reinvigorates the original game with 100 single-player stages, 10 multi-player mini-games, revamped control schemes, updated graphics, and more.
– Online Leaderboards: A first for the series, players can now compete with others around the world through online leaderboards for single-player Time Attack and the all-new Mini-Game Decathalon Score Attack modes.
– No Monkey Business – Play Your Way:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam. With uniquely optimized control schemes for each platform, everyone from first-time rollers to world-record holders can jump right in to the fun.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD will be coming to PS4, Switch, and Xbox One in the Americas and Europe on October 29th, with a Japanese release (minus Xbox version) on October 31st. The Steam version is due out this winter.
- AeternoBlade II Out now on Switch and PS4 - October 11, 2019
- Code: Realize Future Blessings Comes to Switch Spring 2020 - October 3, 2019
- Code Vein Out Now, Launch Trailer Released - September 27, 2019