There are currently five Persona 5 cafe branches scattered throughout Japan, as well as a limited time merchandise store. TechaNinja did some investigating at the Osaka and Ikebukuro cafes and the merch store and shared some tasty findings for those of us not able to get out there ourselves!
Just looking around the cafes is a real treat, and it wouldn’t be a Persona 5 cafe without some stylish menus!
– Leblanc Curry: Just the right amount of spiciness, with a nice amount of meat and not an over the top amount of curry sauce. Blended together to make a nice fusion of ingredients with some small cut wedges on top to add an extra nice touch.
– Velvet Twincake: One slice was in the style of a vanilla/lemon meringue while the other was a chocolate cake with a crunchy but fruity base. Great way to finish off the meal.
– Velvet room creampuffs and jelly: The creampuffs and blueberry jelly both went very well together and was a great way to end one of the visits.
– Velvet Room Blue Lemonade: Smooth flavour without much of a kick but went with the curry nicely. As with the green drink it also contained a lollypop style item that added a nice extra hint of flavour.
– Futaba’s Melon Soda: Had a nice fruity non overbearing taste. The lollypop style item in it that melts slowly added extra hint of flavour.
– Ann’s Strawberry Soda: Nice smooth strawberry taste that went well with the food and was not overly sweet. The icecream scoop on top was a neat touch that added some nice flavour.
On top of the items you can get at the cafes, the merch store has a wide selection, including t-shirts, badges, key rings, and wall scrolls! The place is decorated with cut-outs and plays Persona 5 music too!
- AeternoBlade II Out now on Switch and PS4 - October 11, 2019
- Code: Realize Future Blessings Comes to Switch Spring 2020 - October 3, 2019
- Code Vein Out Now, Launch Trailer Released - September 27, 2019