Yesterday, NIS America had an online broadcast covering their future games, which had a lot of announcements. But the one that got our attention the most was the confirmation that Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen will be released in 2020 in North America and Europe.
NIS America confirmed that this will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PS Vita in early 2020, publisher NIS America announced. It will have Japanese audio and English subtitles. The strategy RPG, a remake of the original Utawarerumono, was first released for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita as Utawarerumono: Chiriyuku Mono he no Komoriuta in Japan in April 2018.
There will launch “Origins Edition” of Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen includes a copy of the game, “Hymns for the Fallen” soundtrack CD, and “Archives of Yamayura” softcover art book. The $79.99 limited edition includes a copy of the game, hardcover art book, soundtrack CD, metal key chain, poster, and a collector’s box. It is available for pre-order now at the NIS America Online Store.
For the first time ever, the origins of the Utawarerumono saga are coming overseas! Prelude to the Fallen follows the story of a man with no memories who awakens in a strange world, and is taken in by a tribe of kindhearted villagers. He is raised as one of their own, eventually receiving the name “Hakuoro.” When neighboring nations begin to encroach on his village, Hakuoro rises up against the tyrannical invaders, setting off on an unforgettable journey that lives on in the songs of legend.
- – An Epic Tale – Become immersed in a turbulent story of love, war, and destiny.
- – Heroes of Myth – Unravel the tale of a diverse cast of characters, and watch how their fates intertwine.
- – Art of War – Claim victory through the use of tactics, elemental advantages, and the unique strengths of your party members.
We’re excited about this, and very glad that it is coming to Playstation Vita. The only downside to this is that we have to wait for this update to Utawarerumono until 2020. What do you think? Will you be picking this up when it lands? Let us know in the comments, and on Twitter and Facebook, and check back for more coverage of NIS America and other Japanese titles.
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen will be released in 2020.
- New Persona 5 Royal Trailer Introduces Kasumi And Special Edition Revealed - June 6, 2019
- New Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Character Revealed Ahead Of Release - May 31, 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Preview - May 29, 2019