We’re looking for freelancers to join us on the writing team at Rice Digital! We’re looking for people with a passion for video games and/or anime, and someone who can have a bit of fun! The writing post will be varied, in that one day you could be writing a review, and the next, a feature on egg yolk art…
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED – FEEL FREE TO APPLY FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES OR ONE-OFF FREELANCING WORK.
Are you interested in joining the writing team? Simply apply following the instructions below, and we’d love to have an informal chat with you, where you can ask any questions and we can give you more details.
HOW TO APPLY
Email [email protected] and answer the following:
- Which video game websites or content creators do you enjoy?
- Please send some links to previous relevant written work!
- Which genre of games do you play the most of?
- What are your top 3 games of all time, and top 3 since 2018?
- What is your most anticipated upcoming release?
- Please link your Twitter/Blog/YT if you have one!
Please use the subject line ‘[YOUR NAME] – Rice Digital Potential Freelancer’
What we expect of you
We would expect 10 features per month – this would include guides, lists, reviews etc.
In some cases, we will send you a review code for a game. In this case, we would expect at least one review, and one guide/feature.
Have fun! At the end of the day, our site is meant to be fun, so it makes sense that our writers are having fun at the same time, right?
We focus on Asian video games and anime, and whilst we do cover a lot of news, we like to have a bit of fun at the same time. We’re happy to get weird and a little bit crazy, and we like to scour the web for really strange things that we think our audience will find hilarious. When we’re not being silly, we like to write actual, serious reviews and opinion pieces.
If you think you have the range to get weird, but also get your head down and put together a well-thought out review, list or feature, get in touch. We’re very much open to letting you be creative, and we can’t wait to hear your ideas. We have very little limits.
You will be paid on a monthly retainer basis. More details on this will be discussed during the application process.
If you don’t hear back from us, don’t worry – we’ll be keeping a record of every applicant for future opportunities, and we’ll be in touch.
- Persona 4 Golden Already Has More Than 500,000 Players On Steam - July 13, 2020
- Japan Bans Screaming On Roller Coasters - July 13, 2020
- Fairy Tail Characters & Features Trailer Released - July 10, 2020