UPDATE 23/01/2021: Microsoft has reversed its decision to increase the price of Xbox Live Gold and, moreover, has removed the requirement for free-to-play games to have an Xbox Live Gold account in order to play. More details on the official blog post. Original story follows.
While fans of the series likely already own at least one version of this game already, the HD remaster of Resident Evil will be available in February.
Lost Planet 2, Capcom‘s criminally underrated co-op shooter, is also being offered. Considering how broken multiplayer is on the PC, the Xbox version is by far the best way to try this game out.
Full Games with Gold February Lineup:
- Gears 5 — February 1 to 28
- Resident Evil — February 1 to 28
- Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition — February 16 to March 15
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb — February 1 to 15
- Lost Planet 2 — February 16 to 28
Unfortunately, while there are some good games being offered next month, Xbox Live Gold will also be seeing a rather drastic change in pricing. Currently, a full year of Gold can be bought for $60 in North America. Once the changes come into effect, it’ll now be $120.
It’s a ludicrous increase, potentially trying to push people towards Game Pass Ultimate instead. Whether it will work or not remains to be seen, but it certainly hasn’t gone down well with Xbox owners.
Disclosure: Some links in this article may be affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on them. This is at no additional cost to you and helps support Rice Digital!
- Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream details new characters - October 21, 2021
- Pre-orders open for latest Pin Box Falcom merch - October 21, 2021
- Super Robot Wars 30 DLC 1 includes Sakura Wars mechs - October 21, 2021