Now this is FANTASTIC news – we’ve just heard from our friends at NyuMedia that a new version of Yatagarasu is in the works! Teaming up with developers Hotapen, Nyu Media have just launched a crowdfunding campaign with IndieGogo for the development of a new version of this exceptional 2D fighter – Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm!
As you know, we launched the original Yatagarasu on our store earlier this year, and the reception to this superb fighter has been simply amazing.
There’s a good reason for that – for those of you who don’t know – Yatagarasu is the work of a hugely talented three man team, all ex-SNK /King of Fighters developers who’s skill in crafting beautifully animated and balanced fighters is obvious from the moment you start playing.
This indigogo campaign is extremely modest – with a low $68, 000 – target (a bargain, frankly) and for your support, you’ll receive the following in return!
* Two new characters (backers are invited to vote on roster of candidate characters to decide which add)
* New graphics and story rewrites
* Improved game play, balancing, and online match support
* MC voiceover by TOUGEKI announcer Koori Masao
* Full English localization
* English commentary by famous overseas tournament commentators (to be announced)!
* A NESiCAxLive arcade version in collaboration with Taito! (presently planned for release in Japan only)
* Worldwide release of the PC (Windows) version with English and Japanese language options
If Yatagarasu exceeds its target – and for the love of god, it should! – there’s plenty more in store!
Reward tiers for contributors to the campaign include physical copies of the soundtrack, original art by the Yatagarasu / Ibara / Mushihimesama artist Kotani:Tomoyuki, custom controllers, and a trip to the Winter Comic Market event in Tokyo this December to hang out with the Yatagarasu team! Stretch goals include additional new characters, more language localizations, and a limited edition Yatagarasu comic by the creators of the Street Fighter comic series.
The more funding this game gets – the more new characters (from a possible 8) will be added – if that’s not incentive enough – then checkout some more of the new character concept art!
This guy is Azure – the Merciful Maniac. He has a serious love of maths (yes, maths!) believing that all human emotion can be boiled down to equations.
I particularly like this one because Nene reminds me of BlazBlue’s Noel, for some reason. Nene is a professional bodyguard and trained assassin.
If you’d like to know more about Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm – then please head over to the official campaign page and show your support!
- Waifu Wars 2015 – full bracket revealed! - November 18, 2015
- Watch the Revolution 2015 Live Stream HERE! - November 5, 2015
- World Exclusive first play of Nitroplus Blasterz PS4 at Revolution 2015 - November 5, 2015