Anime Limited has announced that the movie A Letter to Momo, created by Production I.G who brought us Ghost in the Shell, will have a limited theatrical release later this year.
A Letter to Momo features hand-drawn animation, which it seems to excel at from what I’ve seen, and hopes to be able to please people of all ages. There’s no cinema local enough for me to be able to catch it, but have a look at the list below and see if you’ll be able to see it.
● ICA, London
● Mac, Birmingham
● Watershed, Bristol
● QUAD, Derby
● Dundee Contemporary Arts, Dundee
● Filmhouse, Edinburgh
● Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle upon Tyne
● Showroom Cinema, Sheffield
● Broadway Cinema, Nottingham
● QFT, Belfast
A Letter to Momo is being screened as part of The Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme, and the Short Peace movies which were released alongside the game, Ranko Tsukigime’s Long Day, will be screening as part of it too. Anime Limited have picked up the right to release the four short films separately, but now it’ll receive an English Dub whereas the game only had Japanese audio with subtitles. I look forward to catching A Letter to Momo when it inevitably releases on blu-ray!
- Super Mario Odyssey Celebrates its One Year Anniversary - October 28, 2018
- Dragon Ball Z KAI Final Chapters Review (Anime) - October 28, 2018
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Gets a Steelbook Edition in Europe - October 24, 2018