We love Arc System Works. Their 2D fighters are the cream of the crop. But that’s not to say we don’t take an interest when do other things, such as Magical Beat or Fantasy Hero, both of which we’ve reviewed. Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo is a mech fighter for Vita that was originally released in Japan in 2013.
Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo is a mech action RPG that will be available to download on PSN internationally from April 28th. It’ll retail at $14.99.
Take the fight to the surface in Arc System Works’ Mech-Action RPG, Damascus Gear, coming April 28, 2015 to select countries internationally on PlayStation Vita. With a fleet of elite humanoid good robots called GEAR to pilot, you will lead an squad of soldiers to claw Earth back from the RAGE, bad robots that have gone berserk and annihilated 80% of the world’s population.
From the broken husks of dead RAGE, you will take parts to customize your GEAR. Whatever your fighting style–from long range rifles to blades to a friggin’ laser cannon–you can customize to your robot-bashing heart’s content. Once you’ve built the ultimate fighting machine, head out to take on harder missions, or visit the arena and test your strength against other GEAR pilots.
Damascus Gear includes:
• Blades, chainsaws, laser cannons, pile bunkers, and many other weapons for your GEAR.
• Collect weapons and armor with properties to modify your stats and make you ever more lethal.
• Tense story mode that documents humankind’s last, desperate struggle for survival.
• Pick and choose the mission you want to challenge, or fight in the arena.
• DLC with new GEARs, weapons, and missions.
• Compatible with PlayStation TV.