Vestaria Saga, an indie strategy RPG from the creator of the Fire Emblem series, is coming to Steam in English next year! There’s been talk of a translation for a while now, with the English release originally schedule for this summer. Although it’s delayed, it’s good to see the English release is still on the cards!
Here’s an overview of the game’s story and features:
Vestaria Saga tells the story of international conflict between a powerful empire, and a small coastal kingdom. When an imperial ship is set ablaze near the port of Meleda, it sparks a cascade of events that thrusts young warrior Zadrian into a war for the soul and future of his kingdom. On the run from a vicious imperial force and short on allies, Zade and his small band of knights must make difficult decisions to ensure that Meleda’s princess, and the very future of its lineage, remain intact.
However, not everything is as it seems, and forces in the dark corners of the continent conspire. The stage is set, and the pieces have begun to move.
Vestaria Saga is a classically styled Strategy RPG, where positioning, movement, and even weaponry, are paramount to success. Move your heavily armed units around a classic styled grid-based map and engage pirates, rebels, monsters, imperial soldiers, and anyone else that stands in your way.
– An enthralling campaign of espionage, international intrigue, and war written by veterans of the genre.
– Classically Styled Strategy RPG gameplay on a grid-based map.
– Two finely tuned difficulty modes to accommodate both strategy veterans and newcomers.
– A full English script translated from the original Japanese by the best in the business.
– Full support for both USB controllers and keyboard & mouse.
Vestaria Saga originally released back in 2016 as a freeware game. It was developed by Vestaria Project, a team containing Producer Shouzo Kaga and Character Designer Mayumi Hirota, who have also worked together on Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 and the TeaRing Saga series.
So much for Vestaria Saga scratching that Fire Emblem itch in the wait for Three Houses! It’s very exciting to have two great-looking strategy RPGs coming up next year though. Also, a demo for Vestaria Saga will be available on Steam from August 16th. It’ll be nice to have a taster of it at least!
SRPG Studio, the doujin software used to create Vestaria Saga, is also releasing in English on Steam on August 21st, so you can try your own hand at making a Fire Emblem-style game in the meantime!
Vestaria Saga will release on Steam in 2019.
- AeternoBlade II Out now on Switch and PS4 - October 11, 2019
- Code: Realize Future Blessings Comes to Switch Spring 2020 - October 3, 2019
- Code Vein Out Now, Launch Trailer Released - September 27, 2019