Initially revealed through their support page, Sony reiterated on the PlayStation Blog that only a negligible number of PS4 games would not work on the PS5. As long as you’re not planning on playing one of these 10 PS4-only games, you’re good to go:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We Sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner
This means that PS VR titles will work — though you need a free PS Camera adaptor — and game saves are transferable both directly from PS4 consoles and the cloud via PS+.
Between this and the PS5 teardown video a few days ago, Sony are finally giving answers to questions people have been asking for months.
- “Sinnoh pre-make” Pokémon Legends: Arceus early 2022 - February 26, 2021
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl announced for late 2021 - February 26, 2021
- March PlayStation Plus includes Final Fantasy VII Remake, but there’s a catch - February 26, 2021